New Age Shinobi RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The will of fire burns brightly in you! Learn the way of the Ninja and bring forth a new age of Shinobi!...Have fun!

The Coming of Owls [Training]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
vangran

vangran

The Coming of Owls [Training] Empty
PostSubject: The Coming of Owls [Training]   The Coming of Owls [Training] Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Jutsu to be learned: Summoning Jutsu
Required number of posts: 6

Raiden rushed over to a house that had recently come onto the market holding onto his mission reward. After scaring the crap out of the realtor by appearing out of nowhere, he was able to 'negotiate' a price for the house, since the man decided that he would suddenly end the special sale that was going on, and bought it. It wasn't a particularly big house, just one story, but it would be enough, it also had a fair-sized yard out back, where he could practice with his weapons and jutsus. In fact, he already had a jutsu in mind.

After moving all his things into his new house, he went out into the backyard with the Owl Summoning scroll he had gotten from Minoru after he died. He rolled the scroll open and looked at the list of owl summoners before him. He looked sadly at Minoru's name. pricking his fingers he signs his name and presses his fingers down, completing the contract.

He went sighed and went to work practicing the hand seals. "Boar, Dog, Bird, Monkey, Ram!"
Back to top Go down
vangran

vangran

PostSubject: Re: The Coming of Owls [Training]   The Coming of Owls [Training] Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:53 am

Raiden went thru the handsigns again and shouted "Summoning Technique!" and slammed his left hand onto the ground. A web of kanji spread out from the point of contact and a cloud of smoke appeared signaling a successful summoning. And when the smoke cleared, he saw...

A baby owl!

And unfortunately, Raiden had not been in contact with any owls for at least two years, and the scent faded away. Sooooo, the chickling attacked him. He started screaming like a little girl saying "Get it off! Get it off! Get it off!" After a few minutes of this Raiden was able to grab the nocturnal creature and release it. The smoke cloud disappeared quickly. He sighed. This was going to be a long day. The Monkey was laughing, or was it screeching? he can never tell with that thing, it is a monkey after all and they do like to make noise. He went through the handsigns again and tried it again. This time when the little birdy attacked him, he was ready and waiting with his newly acquired face-mask.
Back to top Go down
vangran

vangran

PostSubject: Re: The Coming of Owls [Training]   The Coming of Owls [Training] Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:58 pm

The jutsu training was progressing slowly. The problem with owl summons is that they don't get very big, their chakra stores increase, their affinities change, but they don't get bigger. And as a result, people who don't use the right amount of chakra more-often-than-not end up with baby owls flying about pecking at their faces or whatever revealed skin one might leave for them to attack.

The sun was starting to set and Raiden took it as a sign to stop training for the day and settle down for the night. Walking back into the house with his training gear he put them into his equipment closet and started making dinner. He had plenty of energy, but he knew it would be suicidal if he practiced summoning again with his current chakra levels. After the meal was finished preparing he sat down at the table and started eating. Once he was done he went straight to bed after taking care of his hygiene of course. Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day.
Back to top Go down
vangran

vangran

PostSubject: Re: The Coming of Owls [Training]   The Coming of Owls [Training] Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 am

Raiden woke up, got dressed, ate breakfast, grabbed his gear, and went out into his backyard to do some more practice. Putting on the face-mask, shoulder-pads, elbow-pads, knee-pads, and a giant pad that covers his chest, he went through the handsigns, shouted, "Summoning Jutsu!" slammed his hand onto the ground, and watched as a cloud of smoke appeared before him. And, to his chagrin, a baby owl appeared and instantly started to assault him. Apparently there was a memo going around that said there was a new summoner and they all wanted a crack at him. Oh how he hates baby owls. But while it was attacking him he noticed something, the owl had fire markings on it's wings. He was making progress. Albeit that it was the wrong chakra nature, but that would be corrected in time.
Back to top Go down
vangran

vangran

PostSubject: Re: The Coming of Owls [Training]   The Coming of Owls [Training] Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:36 pm

The day was dragging on as Raiden summoned owls over and over again, his chakra supply getting smaller and smaller as the day went by. He had finally summoned an owl with a wind nature, but it was brown, and it had the meanest glare that he had ever seen. In fact, it wouldn't stop looking at him and he had a feeling that he was still being watched even after it returned to Fukurou Forest (OOC: Fukurou means Owl in Japanese). He was making steady progress and he had the feeling that it wouldn't be long til he was able to summon his favorite feathered friend.

He went through the handsigns again and this time, instead of a baby, he got a fully grown owl with lightning-bolt on its wings and purple feathers, obviously it was not Satoru. "Whoooo are you?" It asked in irritated voice.

Raiden bowed, "Greetings honorable Owl, My name is Raiden Sakamoto and I am the new Owl summoner. I was given the Owl Scroll by the former Summoner, Minoru Kakushi, and I am honored to be one of the few allowed to summon you and your kind."

The Owl ruffled his feathers, "Well, you certainly have manners young one. Now, why did you summon me?"

Raiden stood up straight and said, "I was not trying to summon you great one, I have been trying for the past couple days to summon an old friend of mine."

The owl preened his feathers, "Well, if that is all then I will leave you to it. Good luck in your endeavors child, summon me again if you just want to chat."

Raiden nodded in response, "Of course, honorable owl." And with that, the owl dispelled itself leaving Raiden alone in his backyard.

He was nearly there.
Back to top Go down
vangran

vangran

PostSubject: Re: The Coming of Owls [Training]   The Coming of Owls [Training] Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 am

The hour was nigh and Raiden was eager to finish his training. He had been practicing all day every day for the last three days and the fruits of his labors were nearly at hand. He went through the handsigns and slammed his hand onto the ground. The cloud of smoke appeared and when it dissipated, he saw... another baby owl. Raiden hung his head. After releasing the chick he tried it again and met similar results.

The day was almost over and he had yet to summon his feathered friend. And by the look of things he only had a couple shots left. Going through the handsigns he called out, "Summoning Jutsu!" slammed his hand onto the ground, and watched as the smoke cleared. And this time, it worked!

There, hovering in front of him was his childhood friend and confidant: Satoru. Said Owl summon cried out, "Wind Scythe Jutsu!" And then a great gut of wind shot forth toward him and all he had time to think was, "Oh shit." The invisible blades lunged forward and proceeded to tear into him. Satoru's eyes widened when he realized that this wasn't where he was fighting and that his opponent looked strangely familiar.

"Raiden!"

After rushing him to the hospital and intimidating the staff into giving him aid, he watched over them until he was satisfied with their actions and let them go (he threatened to kill them if they didn't do their job, funny how that happens).

After a day and a half of being unconscious Raiden woke up and looked around, "Satoru? Satoru are you there?"

Said owl, having been keeping sentry over his bedroom in case someone decided they would try and attack his friend, which is kind of ironic because he already did.

Hopped in through the open window and looked down at his friend and summoner. If anyone was looking he was giving Raiden a blank look, but Raiden had spent enough time to know he was beaming.

"It is god to see yooooou again, Raiden."

Said Jinchuuriki looked up at his friend and smiled, "I can say the same, Satoru."

They continued talking for a couple more hours and then a doctor came in and said he was cleared to leave the hospital, pointedly avoiding the eyes of the 'demon' that was in the room. And when I say demon, I mean the thing that threatened to claw their eyes out if they didn't make sure Raiden was okay.

After getting dressed, Raiden and Satoru left the Hospital and went back to his house, where they planned to spend many days catching up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coming of Owls [Training]   The Coming of Owls [Training] Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Coming of Owls [Training]
Page 1 of 1