New Age Shinobi RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The will of fire burns brightly in you! Learn the way of the Ninja and bring forth a new age of Shinobi!...Have fun!

You people make me shake my head.

Go down 
+3
Whirlwind Scar
Mitsuomi Sensui
Kyo
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyo

Kyo

You people make me shake my head.  Empty
PostSubject: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:45 am

I joined this site a few months ago thinking I was going to be role-playing at a standard of quality and quantity I am used to. Upon first joining I read everything in the information sections and was suprised and delighted with the quality of the work and the obvious amounts of time and effort that went into them. Then, I made the mistake of reading the actual role play posts the people of this site deem appropriate and of good standing.

This threw me off completely and instantly had me recoiling from joining in on the action. Some people were pretty decent with their writing. Nicely written, properly worded, and good flowing posts of decent word count. Others, though, live on the assumption that two sentences can pass as an acceptable post. Now, I am not judging this. No, I personally do not approve of such short, poor-quality posts but that is because I am used to role-playing on a higher caliber where not only is the quality high but there is enough flesh and bone (word count, for the two sentence writers here) that you get a full look in each post at the characters every thought and action, letting you get a complete look at the character in every post.

What I am judging is the fact that you people are complaining on the activity level here. I simply cannot understand how you can let this site die when the RP is so simple and short. I have seen excuses such as 'I am busy with *insert excuse here*' or 'School is taking up all of my time' and even 'The new *insert game* came out and I am playing it.' Please, be realistic. I have taken five minutes to right this and it is over ten times longer then most of your posts are. It would take you five minutes a day to log in, post, and log out. Simple as that.

Honestly, how can you people spend all the time and effort you obviously put into this site, the information here, and your characters just to destroy it by 'not having time' to write two sentences? Though it seems like it, I am not trying to be mean here. I am trying to help because this site does have potential. You have several very good writers here that, at any time, could get up and leave without looking back and no one would blame them. It's one thing having to write with people whose skill level is far below theirs (though I think the 2 sentence writers could do much better but refuse to put the effort in it) but they are also having to deal with spending twenty or more minutes making a good quality post to wait two or three weeks for a three sentence reply that my little sister could write better.

If you would all get your act together and start putting in the effort you could revive this site. Start of forcing yourself to write for five minutes everyday. Try and get threads up and going. Then you can work on making your quality better. I know you people can do it. I look at your posts and shake my heads but then I look at your character profiles and wonder where the amazing person who wrote this vanished to. Come on people! Role playing, of a serious nature, is a dying art. We are being over taken by immature and poor standard rp's that are giving us a bad name. Let's show them how it is supposed to be done, shall we?

“The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems”
Mahatma Gandhi

Back to top Go down
Mitsuomi Sensui
Head of Storyline
Mitsuomi Sensui

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:54 pm

An interesting thought..Indeed worthy of accommodation, I know exactly what you mean when you say there is no effort being placed to revive the site, I would have done more myself had my situation with characters on the site not been locked, but I know that will change soon enough...For a rant to this magnitude to actually 'wake people up' they need to take the time to read it and actually push forth, Canadian decides to be the first to revive dying polls with the site and my intention is to assist in such..so when dealing with me I can safely say I will not disappoint..By the way, being that you care this much miss Kyo I really do hope you decide to make a character soon and show us how it's done ^^ I can't help but thirst for Role-Playing after hearing that you used to "High caliber" writing. Please take this into consideration young lass
Back to top Go down
Whirlwind Scar

Whirlwind Scar

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Damn..Girl went in lol...This shit's about to make me straight just make a character now lmao, good shit Kyo
Back to top Go down
Kyo

Kyo

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Mitsuomi - I really do hope people take the time to read and relate. As I said, It's clear to see a lot of hard work went into making this site and I hate seeing something like that fall and crumble because of something as simple as finding a few minutes each day. And I do plan on joining one day but currently I do not want to get involved with a site that may or may not revive. When I put myself into an rp I am in it for the long haul. I was on my first rp site 6 years, my second for 3 years, and my current for nearly 3 years (?) and still going strong. So I would hate to put a lot of time and effort into a character for this site and only get a few weeks/months (days) pleasure from it. And I would not say 'High Caliber' writing as that indicates that I am used to flawless and perfect writing. lol. I make just as many mistakes and errors as anyone else. So I would rather we say 'Higher Caliber then NAS is showing at the time.' ^.^

Whirlwind - You better make a character *pouts* I have yet to see you role play yet. >.< lolz. Every person has to pull their weight to revive this. ^.^

Last edited by Kyo on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:43 pm

I agree with you Kyo, and though I make no effort to this post. Know I have full intention of keeping this place alive for times to come.

If needed I can begin advertisement.
Back to top Go down
http://newagerp.omgforum.net
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Yes, Advertise!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kyo

Kyo

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:15 pm

Actually, not to over step my bounds since I am not a full member of this site but I would advise against advertising for the time being. You want the site to be a little more active before you start trying to bring new members in. Yes, new members might boost activity but you have to get them to join first and no one will want a site that appearsto be dead. You want to show them it is an active and healthy rpg, something to encourage them to join. I, honestly, would not have given this site a second glance ifI did not know people here. I would suggest rallying your members and urging everyone to post. We can sit hereand talk about posting all day long but once you get up and actually start doing something, thats when the change for the better happens.
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:27 am

I have a single RP going at the moment, and one being planned.

I would encourage you you to lead by example Kyo.
Back to top Go down
Kyo

Kyo

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:40 pm

If you want me to lead hop to my site. It will be a while before I can join here. I have 30+ characters on my other site which really has nothing to do with it. In all honesty I have no idea whats going on in the rpg. I am not a naruto fan. I dont dislike it. I simply know nothing about it so I need to read more info and see how the role playing is done before I am comfortable playing here. Like I mentioned before, I only joined due to a friend on this site and I wanted to see what was going on here and if it interested me.
Back to top Go down
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Please, stop with the blue text. It hurts my eyes. I already asked you once.

And why is everyone making their own sites? Everyone just needs to pool onto one or two instead of there being 20 fail sites.
Back to top Go down
Kyo

Kyo

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Excuse me? First of all, I do not see any request to change my text color from you. Actually, the only thing you have even said is
Quote :
Yes, Advertise!!!!!
So before you try to speak to me as if I am not listening to something you said, make sure you actually said it.

Second of all, It is a site I made over 5 years ago with two close friends and unlike this site is healthy and alive so please keep you comments about 'fail sites' to yourself unless you actually know what you are speaking about. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Ahira
Head of Moderators
Ahira

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:44 pm

Quote :
And why is everyone making their own sites? Everyone just needs to pool onto one or two instead of there being 20 fail sites.

Did it ever occur to you that people have had these sites for longer than yours? And if that really is your solution, then I should be spending less and less time on NAS and more and more time on the site that I've been building, revamping, and pouring my heart and soul into for the past half decade.

Now then, is that what I should be doing, or should I be splitting my efforts in an attempt to get this site back up and running again?

Please refrain from such comments in the future. You don't know exactly who you may or may not offend.
Back to top Go down
Mitsuomi Sensui
Head of Storyline
Mitsuomi Sensui

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:19 pm

*sigh*..One thing after another...You just cannot win today can you?
Back to top Go down
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Yes, Kyo. I did ask you previously. Someone on here deleted my post and I'm getting sick of it.
Back to top Go down
Kyo

Kyo

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Noctis, I have been tracking this thread since I posted it. Read every reply. Is it possible you meant to post it but did not? I'm not trying to call you a liar but I know what has been posted here and you did not request I stop using blue. I am no longer using it, per your request, so it is really not that big of a deal. Everyone makes mistakes now and then. End of story, drop the subject.

If you feel you are being treated unfairly or poorly instead of getting an attitude with people, especially people whom are only trying to help, speak calmly and civily to disolve the matter instead of acting out. That will get more people to listen to you and respect your wishes then behaving in a less then desirable manner.
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 am

It is likely Noctis will not be responding to your post Kyo, he has retired position and left the site.
Back to top Go down
Kyo

Kyo

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:38 am

Ah okay then.
Back to top Go down
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Never said I left the site, Chris.
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:28 pm

I assumed your activity would drop after giving up your position, your free to come and go as you please nocits xP
Back to top Go down
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:35 pm

I still have Mizukage. As long as that's mine, I won't leave. And no, I'm not saying that I'll rage quit when I do lose it (if I ever do).
Back to top Go down
Mitsuomi Sensui
Head of Storyline
Mitsuomi Sensui

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:32 pm

There'll be no reason for you to lose the spot...We need as many Kages active as possible, however honestly I'm surprised that this thread is still going as long as it has been. Also it is good to know that Noctis did not in fact leave the site, it would be a shame to see...yet another one leave because of nonsense
Back to top Go down
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:04 pm

You wanna see nonsense? Un-ban Sench XD
Back to top Go down
Mitsuomi Sensui
Head of Storyline
Mitsuomi Sensui

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:32 pm

I am not even going condone that one....I would rather keep the sanity of site
Back to top Go down
The Canadian
Site Owner
The Canadian

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:36 am

Mitsuomi Sensui wrote:
I am not even going condone that one....I would rather keep the sanity of site
Back to top Go down
Noctis Lucis Caelum

Noctis Lucis Caelum

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:44 am

It's called a joke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You people make me shake my head.    You people make me shake my head.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

You people make me shake my head.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next